Candidate’s declarations and obligations
I hereby declare that I have read and understood the rules for the submission of applications, the admission schedule, and terms and conditions of the admission procedure, and specifically that I have read and understood information published on irk.uj.edu.pl and welcome.uj.edu.pl websites.
I understand and accept that the admission procedure is conducted based on the data provided electronically and I hereby accept full responsibility for any incomplete, erroneous, or false data I provide in my application and for the consequences thereof, including possible striking from students register or denial of admission.
I understand and accept that all information about the admission procedure, specifically regarding the dates, conditions of the admission procedure, and terms for the enrolment into the programme will be communicated to me using the system. I undertake to read those information on a regular basis and I accept responsibility for the consequences of failing to do so.
If I am qualified for admission to the first year of studies, I undertake to comply with all terms of the procedure of enrolment. I understand and accept that failing to do so is considered as a resignation from applying to the programme and results in denial of admission.
I undertake to immediately notify the Admissions Office about any mistakes noticed in the data I had provided or about any system errors I encounter, or about any incorrect information I am provided with by the system by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
Information about personal data processing
In accordance with Article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (...), hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”, the Jagiellonian University hereby informs that:
Personal data controller
The Jagiellonian University in Kraków, ul. Gołębia 24, 31-007 Kraków is the personal data controller.
Data Protection Officer (IOD)
Data Protection Officer has been appointed at the Jagiellonian University: ul. Czapskich 4, 31-110 Kraków, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: (+48) 12 663 12 25, www.iod.uj.edu.pl.
Purpose and legal basis for data processing
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of university admissions and for the purpose of fulfilling legal obligations by the Jagiellonian University. Article 6(1)(c) of GDPR is the legal basis for data processing. Legal obligations arise from the Law on Higher Education and Science Act (Dz. U. of 2018 item 1668 as amended), its secondary legislation, and Jagiellonian University internal legal acts.
- Within the scope of the consent given for the personal data processing, the legal basis for the processing will be Article 6(1)(a) od GDPR.
Period of data archiving
- Your personal data will be archived for 6 months after the admission had closed, and it will be subsequently erased and deleted.
- Within the scope of the consent given for the personal data processing, your personal data will be processed until you withdraw your consent.
- Entities authorised to receive your data based on the general provisions of law, as well as entities cooperating with the Jagiellonian University and providing services to the Jagiellonian University based on personal data processing agreements, may be the recipients of your personal data.
- If you are not admitted, the recipient of your data will be the company providing correspondence services—for the purpose of delivering the letter of denial of admission.
Data processing rights
You have the right to:
- obtain information about personal data processing and about rights granted by the GDPR,
- access the content of your data and to its rectification,
- erasure of your personal data from the administrator’s system (unless further processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, excercise, or defence of legal claims),
- restriction of processing, portability, object to its processing—in situations described in the GDPR and in accordance with conditions specified therein,
- within the scope of the personal data processing based on you consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, which will not affect the processing performed before the consent had been withdrawn, by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
In order to excercise your rights, you should submit an application in writing to the Data Protection Officer to the following address: Uniwersytet Jagielloński, ul. Czapskich 4, 31-110 Kraków, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes the provisions of GDPR.
Obligation to provide the data and consequences of not providing it
- Providing the university with your personal data is voluntary, but its processing is necessary for the university to complete the procedure of admission, and to fulfill legal obligations by the Jagiellonian University.
- Within the scope of data processing based on the consent, providing the data is voluntary.