|Organizational unit||Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences|
|Level of education||doctoral studies|
|Number of places offered||3|
- Application round 1 (27.03.2023 12:00 – 17.04.2023 23:59)
About the programme
|programme||about the programme|
|field||Exact and Natural Sciences|
|language of instruction
- detailed rules of the admission process (including assessment criteria),
- admission schedule,
- documents required in the admission process and mode for their submission
are available on the website of the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences: https://science.phd.uj.edu.pl/rekrutacja/.
Admission rules for the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences have been established in the resolution no. 61/X/2022 of the Senate of the Jagiellonian University of 26 October 2022.
Sign up form
In the sign up form, candidate fills out the following information:
- enters the name of the course of studies completed or to be completed, which is the basis for the application,
- declared that the diploma meets the formal requirement of belonging to the field of Exact Sciences,
- briefly describes their academic interests (no more than 2000 characters including spaces).
In the sign up form, candidate uploads the following documents:
- reference letter for the candidate written by a research fellow holding at least the academic degree of Doktor habilitowany (dr hab.) or employed at a foreign university or a scientific institution who has significant achievements in scientific issues related to the discipline of Astronomy;
- curriculum vitae with special emphasis on academic achievements and information about their level of English proficiency;
- diploma supplement, or the official transcript of grades, or, if they do not yet have these documents, grade book or of another document listing completed courses and grades. Information about grading scale must be included;
- certificate of grade average from the completed undergraduate (first-cycle) programme and certificate of grade average from the graduate (Magister) programme computed excluding the last year of studies (in case of second-cycle programmes: grade average from the first year of studies);
- opinion of a research fellow holding the academic title (Profesor) or academic degree of Doktor habilitowany (dr. hab.) stating their ability to academically supervise them as the doctoral student if they are admitted to the School (on a form downloaded from: programme website);
- optional: copy of the Magister (graduate studies) thesis or its draft, if it is not yet finished.
Each document issued in a language other than Polish or English has to be enclosed with a certified translation into Polish or English.
Confirming your application
Candidates do not have to confirm their applications. Applications submitted in full by the end of the period for submitting applications established in the schedule will be considered by the committee.
|Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences|
+48 623 86 32
ul. Orla 171, room 16