About the programme
|field||Exact and Natural Sciences|
|language of instruction
- detailed rules of the admission process (including assessment criteria),
- admission schedule,
- documents required in the admission process and mode for their submission
are available on the website of the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences: https://science.phd.uj.edu.pl/pl_PL/recruitment/biomedical.
Admission rules for the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences have been established in the resolution no. 91/IX/2021 of the Senate of the Jagiellonian University of 29 September 2021.
Attention! Admission held in the “external funds” special mode requires that the candidates meet additional admission requirements, as described on the programme’s website. Before applying, please read information published here: scholarship in dr Anna Kula-Pǎcurar PhD grant (Biomedical Sciences).
Sign up form
In the sign up form, candidate fills out the following information:
- enters the name of the course of studies completed or to be completed, which is the basis for the application,
- enters information about their English language command on the scale of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1–C2) and about their certificates (if they have any).
In the sign up form, candidate uploads the following documents:
- motivation letter motivation letter (maximum 1 page, A4 format) outlining your academic achievements, motivation for pursuing education at the Doctoral School, and justifying your choice of the Jagiellonian University and the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences and the Biomedical Sciences programme;
- curriculum vitae (no more than 2 pages, A4 format) with a special emphasis on academic achievements;
- list of academics who can write reference letters – list of no less than two research fellows or other persons with significant scientific achievements, with the outline of their professional qualifications, employment addresses, e-mail addresses, and contact phone number, together with a short (no more than 150 characters) information about their ability to give opinion on the candidate (e.g. academic supervisor, thesis reviewer, colleague etc.);
- documents confirming academic achievements outlined in the curriculum vitae, e.g. first page of a paper, references after completion of an internship, scholarship award diploma etc.;
- documents confirming studies results – diploma supplement, or the official transcript, or, if they do not have these documents, scan of the grade book or of another document listing completed courses and grades. Information about grading scale must be included;
- other documents, or other information, related to candidate’s academic activity.
Each document issued in a language other than Polish or English has to be enclosed with a certified translation into Polish or English.
Confirming your application
Candidates do not have to confirm their applications. Applications submitted in full by the end of the period for submitting applications established in the schedule will be considered by the committee.
|Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences|
|Małopolska Centre of Biotechnology|
+48 12 664 45 25
ul. prof. S. Łojasiewicza 11, room H-1-10